Saturday, July 10, 2010

Traditions, and quotes

So a lot of you know that while I am a cty traditionalist, I am not usually one to lament theloss of traditions too much. Yes, it is nice to see them live on, and yes, I will teach them to anyone who will listen, but I don't feel a need to force the next generations to carry them out, since I won't be here to see it anyway. So I am totally fine with the fact that many people this session don't want to participate in traditions such as It's the End of the World as We Know It and everything, or that some minor canon songs aren't being played. If the new generations aren't into it, it's their loss.
What I am not cool with is the blatant trampling and dishonoring of some of the most important traditions by many people, even including some ras. sure, the guy in the gilly (sp?) suit is funny sometimes. But when people start interrupting other peoples views of the raving during sandstorm, or running around in the middle of the American pie circle, it isn't funny anymore. It is just rude. Some if it can be put down to ignorance of traditions, in which case I understand. But I really think people need to learn tht there is a line between a funny joke and a disrespectful action. I know we can't force people to do traditions, and i don't want to. But i do want people to respect those of us who do participate. it really means a lot to us, and this session has been so fabulous so far, I just hope people realize it and make it even better.

Let's end it on a lighter note with some more quotes, shall we?

"you cut the baby!" -Edward

"you kill bacteria when you go poo!" -Miranda

"a scapular (sp?) ? I thought that was for dissecting frogs!" -Alex

"what was that word? Nihilism? It says here that its synonym is terrorism." -Alex

"isn't Palestinian like a dinosaur?" -Alex

"thick? Like dick with a th?" -Alex (this guy is a goldmine)

"in my country, showers don't do this." -pancho

"has anyone ever tried connecting a multimeter to fire?" -Andrew

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

I've heard some general things about this person in a funny suit. What did they do during raving? What happened during American Pie?

Magglz said...

During raving a few people including an ra got up and started dancing in the circle. It was funny at first but then people started joining and everyone was yelling at them to sit down and stuff. During American pie there has just been the usual people running around at innappropriate times. Although there was one kid who was racing with dex's poi during American pie. I was confused.

But in general this session has really been amazing. We miss you though! I married some people today for you, although we didn't set up a whole business.

Stivers said...

Which Alex is this that keeps saying ridiculous things?

Magglz said...

Che? Something like that? He's in pop culture.